Dates: Due to the pandemic we are not able to run any courses but hope to be back later in 2021
Venue: London School of Osteopathy
12 Grange Road, London SE1 3BE, United Kingdom
Times: 10am – 5.00pm (registration from 9.30am)
|Bump to Baby Part 1|
Bump to Baby’ Part 1 – Pubis, Pelvis, Coccyx & Lumbar Spine
A Practical Approach to the Pregnant Patient
This course is designed primarily for Osteopaths and Physiotherapists, however, if you are not an Osteo or Physio, but would like to join this course, please contact us first.
Pregnancy can be a highly challenging time for the musculo-skeletal system, as body shape & weight alter dramatically over a relatively short timeframe. Discomforts during pregnancy range from minor aches and pains, through to the frankly disabling pain of severe SPD. Manual treatment may offer a much improved overall pregnancy experience, and allow the women to go into labour, and motherhood, in an energised & healthy physical state.
In this highly practical one day workshop, we will explore the pregnant body, and learn appropriate techniques (direct & indirect), exercises, taping, management & patient advice.
Emphasis is on evaluation, treatment, practical management and advice rather than in depth anatomy & physiology which participants can study at their leisure. Guidelines for further study will be given at the lecture
[box]Throughout the day we will be covering a variety of conditions including:[/box]
- Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction
- Practical Session 1
- Simple strengthening, stretching & stability exercises for the pregnant patient
- Practical Session 2
- Taping technique for low back & pelvic pain in pregnancy
- Practical Session 3
- Coccyx pain in pregnancy
- Practical Session 4
- Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Practical Session 5
Please wear loose and comfortable clothing. Full notes will be supplied during the lecture.
A 6.5 hour CPD certificate will be available at the end of the day.
[box]This in an Intermediate Level workshop. To get the most out of this course you should:[/box]
- Understand the basic physiological processes of pregnancy and how this may effect the Mother.
- Understand your legal obligations when treating pregnant patients, including cautions & contra-indications to manual treatment.
- Have a basic understanding of indirect treatment approaches as some techniques will require knowledge of these.
Do check with us if you are unsure mumandbabyCPD@gmail.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.