Date: We will run this course again in 2021
Venue: The London School of Osteopathy
12 Grange Road, London S.E.1
Times: 10am – 5.00pm (registration from 9.30am)
|Miserable Baby Part 2|
The Miserable Baby PART TWO
Shock, trauma, birth interventions and First Breath Syndrome in the newborn & baby
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR OSTEOPATHS, CRANIOSACRAL THERAPISTS & PHYSIOTHERAPISTS WITH CRANIOSACRAL EXPERIENCE
This workshop explores, in depth, the possible structural effects of birth interventions – forceps, vacuum extraction and caesarian section, on the newborn, and its behaviour during the first few months. We also introduce the concepts of sympathetic and parasympathetic ‘Shock’ & ‘First Breath Syndrome’ in the newborn.
As with all our courses, emphasis is on treatment, practical management and advice rather than in depth anatomy & physiology which participants can study at their leisure.
- First Breath Syndrome & autonomic Shock in the newborn.
- Effects of traumatic birth eg. forceps, vacuum extraction, caesarian section & management approaches.
- Exploration of the use of CV4 and EV4 stillpoint techniques in babies & infants.
Please wear loose and comfortable clothing. Full notes will be supplied during the lecture.
A 6.5 hour CPD certificate will be available at the end of the day.
- Be able to take a Paediatric case history and understand your legal & professional requirements for treating infants.
- Understand the basic physiological processes of birth and how this may effect cranial mechanics.
- Have a basic understanding of the Cranio-sacral approach (Sutherland, Upledger etc.) as some techniques require palpation of the Involuntary Mechanism.
Do check with us if you are unsure mumandbabyCPD@gmail.com