Sunday 12th January 2020
Venue: The London School of Osteopathy
12 Grange Road, London S.E.1
Times: 10am – 5.00pm (registration from 9.30am)
|The Miserable Baby Part 5 12th January 2020||BOOK COURSE|
The Miserable Baby Part 5
This is a ‘stand alone’ course – Miserable Baby Parts 1-4 can be attended in any order
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR OSTEOPATHS, CRANIOSACRAL THERAPISTS, CHIROPRACTORS & PHYSIOTHERAPISTS.
This course comes with time limited access (3 months) to portions of our Video ‘Infant Examination 0-6 Months.
Topics covered throughout the day:
Infant Examination Part 2 – regional examination 0-6 months:
- An in depth approach to assessing the head, cranial base, cranial vault & patency of sutures, face including eye, ear, mouth & tongue, passive motion testing of the neck, evaluation of shoulder girdle, elbow, wrist and hand. Development of hand function from birth. Evaluation of the thorax and thoracic spine, abdomen to include visceral palpation, lumbar spine, pelvis, hip, knee, foot & ankle.
Infant Examination PART 1 is covered in our Miserable Baby Part 4 lecture
Mobility – the infant hip, knee & leg.
Introduction to growth and development of the hip and lower extremity
Assessment & medical approaches to hip dysplasias
Practical Session 1- the hip
Development of the knee joint in infancy & beyond
Early life conditions/pathologies of the knee joint
Practical Session 2 – the knee
Hypermobility, diagnosis, assessment and effects on development
Crawling, walking and infant mobility
Practical Session 3 – mobility and the infant leg
|Please wear loose and comfortable clothing. Full notes, will be supplied during the lecture.|
A 6.5 hour CPD certificate will be given at the end of the day.
- Be able to take a Paediatric case history and understand your legal & professional requirements for treating infants.
- Understand the basic physiological processes of birth and how this may impact on body mechanics.
- Have some understanding of indirect techniques/balanced tension techniques
- Please check with us if you are unsure mumandbabyCPD@gmail.com