Date: Sunday 13th May 2018
Venue: The London School of Osteopathy
12 Grange Road, London S.E.1
Times: 10am – 5.00pm (registration from 9.30am)
If the course is fully booked please contact us at mumandbabyCPD@gmail.com and we will put you on our cancellation list..
|Paediatric E.N.T. Sunday 13th May 2018||BOOK COURSE|
Treating Ear, Nose & Throat Disorders in Children & Teenagers
Some children are plagued with recurrent ear, nose and throat problems during the ongoing development of the Immune System – these are some of the most common presentations to manual therapists, as concerned parents want to minimise presenting symptoms, and possible consequent longer term effects (eg hearing and speech). They may also be uneasy regarding repeated antibiotic use, not to mention the time off school…
In this highly practical workshop, we make the complex cranio-facial mechanics more accessible and applicable as a treatment modality, as well as providing an excellent understanding of ENT problems in infants, children and teenagers.
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR OSTEOPATHS, CRANIOSACRAL PRACTITIONERS & PHYSIOTHERAPISTS
- Considers otitis media, rhinitis & mouth breathing, sinusitis, recurrent tonsillitis,
- Overview of growth and development of the face.
- Pathophysiology and related anatomy of ENT disorders
- Current medical management
- Practical techniques for the most common areas of dysfunction (Direct & Indirect techniques)
- Practical management, breathing exercises and useful advice for parent
Emphasis is on evaluation, palpation, treatment and exercise rather than in depth anatomy & physiology which participants can study at their leisure. Indications for further study will be given at the lecture
Sadly we can’t use babies as models! However we will make good use of dolls and each other to practise techniques so please wear loose and comfortable clothing. Full notes, including photos of techniques, will be supplied during the lecture.
A 6 hour CPD certificate will be available at the end of the day.
- have completed some study of Pediatric treatment at undergraduate level and have some clinical experience of manual therapy on children if possible.
- Understand your legal and professional requirements for treating children.
- Understand the basic physiological processes of birth and how this may effect cranial and facial mechanics.
- Have a basic understanding of the cranio-sacral approach (Sutherland, Upledger etc.) as some techniques require palpation of the Involuntary Mechanism.
Do check with us if you are unsure mumandbabyCPD@gmail.com