Date: We do not have any face to face courses scheduled at the moment. Due to ongoing industrial action on both railways and London Transport as we cannot guarantee public transport to and from the venue. We will resume when this issue is reconciled.
Venue: The London School of Osteopathy
12 Grange Road, London S.E.1
Times: 10am – 5.00pm (registration from 9.30am)
|Bump to Baby Part 2|
Bump to Baby’ PART TWO – Abdomen, Thorax & Peripheries
A Practical Approach to the Pregnant Patient
This is a ‘stand alone’ course – ‘Bump to Baby’ Parts 1 & 2 can be done in any order
This course is designed primarily for Osteopaths & Physiotherapists, however, if you are not an Osteo or Physio but would like to join this course, please contact us first.
Pregnancy can be a highly challenging time for the musculo-skeletal system, as body shape & weight alter dramatically over a relatively short timeframe. In Part 1 we focussed on the sacro-iliac joint, pubis, coccyx, pelvis and low back. In Part 2 we consider the rest of the body especially the ribs & thorax, abdominal wall & uterine ligaments, abdominal organs, and peripheral areas.
In this highly practical one day workshop, we will explore the pregnant body, and learn appropriate techniques (direct & indirect), exercises, taping, management & patient advice.
Emphasis is on evaluation, treatment, practical management and advice rather than in depth anatomy & physiology which participants can study at their leisure.
[box]Throughout the day we will be covering a variety of topics including:[/box]
- The Uterus & Uterine Ligaments
- Techniques for ribs, diaphragm, thoracic outlet, thorax and sternum, thoraco-lumbar junction.
- Taping techniques for wrist, foot & ankle
- The pregnant abdomen – position of abdominal organs and effect on their function.
- Abdominal pain in pregnancy
- Exercises for the trunk, thorax and abdomen
- Treating using the Involuntary Mechanism in pregnancy
Please wear comfortable clothing and appropriate underwear as we will be using each other to practise on.
Fully illustrated notes, especially developed for this workshop, will be supplied on the day.
A 6.5 hour CPD certificate will be available at the end of the day.
[box]This in an Intermediate Level workshop. To get the most out of this course you should:[/box]
- Understand the basic physiological processes of pregnancy.
- Understand your legal obligations when treating pregnant patients, including cautions & contra-indications to manual treatment.
- Have a basic understanding of indirect treatment approaches as some techniques will require knowledge of these.
Do check with us if you are unsure mumandbabyCPD@gmail.com