Date: Next course runs early 2020
Venue: The London School of Osteopathy
12 Grange Road, London S.E.1
Times: 10am – 5.00pm (registration from 9.30am)
|Miserable Baby Part 2 – Course dates TBA 2020|
The Miserable Baby PART TWO
Treating shock, trauma & birth interventions in the newborn & baby
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR OSTEOPATHS, CRANIOSACRAL THERAPISTS & PHYSIOTHERAPISTS WITH CRANIOSACRAL EXPERIENCE
Following on from our popular workshop ‘The Miserable Baby PART ONE – treating feeding and digestive disorders, this workshop explores the effects of birth interventions and the treatment of Shock & First Breath Syndrome in the newborn. We further consider the lower gastro-intestinal tract, pelvic mechanics & other common factors of early life causing miserable & unsettled behaviour.
As with all our courses, emphasis is on treatment, practical management and advice rather than in depth anatomy & physiology which participants can study at their leisure.
- First Breath Syndrome & Shock in the newborn.
- Effects of traumatic birth eg. forceps, vacuum extraction, caesarian section & how to treat these.
- Exploration of the use of CV4 and EV4 stillpoint techniques in babies & infants.
Sadly we can’t use babies as models! However we will make good use of dolls and each other to practise techniques so please wear loose and comfortable clothing. Full notes, including photos of techniques, will be supplied during the lecture.
A CPD certificate will be available at the end of the day.
- Be able to take a Paediatric case history and understand your legal & professional requirements for treating infants.
- Understand the basic physiological processes of birth and how this may effect cranial mechanics.
- Have a basic understanding of the Cranio-sacral approach (Sutherland, Upledger etc.) as some techniques require palpation of the Involuntary Mechanism.
Do check with us if you are unsure mumandbabyCPD@gmail.com