General & Regional Examination 0-6 months
Date: No scheduled courses at the moment
Venue: London School of Osteopathy, 12 Grange Road, London SE1. UK
Times: 10am – 5.00pm
Topics covered throughout the day:
Infant Examination PART 1 General:
- Introduction to examination & evaluation of the infant’s neuro-musculo-skeletal system
- Cautions & contraindications
- Assessment of nutrition and hydration
- Observation of the skin & markings
- Observation and assessment of respiration
- Assessing level of alertness
- Development of the eye & eye movements
- Assessing muscle tone
- Assessing posture & spontaneous movements
- Neurological examinations – primitive reflexes, postural reflexes, deep tendon reflexes, cranial nerve evaluation
Infant Examination PART 2 Regional:
- An in depth approach to assessing the head, cranial base, cranial vault & patency of sutures, face including eye, ear, mouth & tongue
- Passive motion testing of the neck
- Evaluation of shoulder girdle, elbow, wrist and hand. Development of hand function from birth.
- Evaluation of the thorax and thoracic spine,
- Evaluation of the abdomen to include visceral palpation.
- Evaluation of the lumbar spine, pelvis, hip, knee, foot & ankle.
|Paediatric Examination from 0-6 months|
This in an Intermediate Level workshop. To get the most out of this course you should:
- Be able to take a Paediatric case history and understand your legal & professional requirements for treating infants including consent and safeguarding.
- Understand the basic physiological processes of birth and how this may affect cranial & body mechanics.
- Please check with us if you are unsure mumandbabyCPD@gmail.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.