Date: Due to the pandemic we are not able to run any courses but hope to be back in 2021
Times: 10am – 5.00pm (registration from 9.30am)
|The Miserable Baby Part 4|
The Miserable Baby Part 4
This is a ‘stand alone’ course – Miserable Baby Parts 1-5 can be attended in any order
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR OSTEOPATHS, CRANIOSACRAL THERAPISTS, CHIROPRACTORS & PHYSIOTHERAPISTS.
This course comes with time limited access (3 months) to portions of our Video ‘Infant Examination 0-6 Months.
Topics covered throughout the day:
Infant Examination PART 1:
- Introduction to examination & evaluation of the infant’s neuro-musculo-skeletal system
- Cautions & contraindications
- Assessment of nutrition and hydration
- Observation of the skin & markings
- Observation and assessment of respiration
- Assessing level of alertness
- Development of the eye & eye movements
- Assessing muscle tone
- Assessing posture & spontaneous movements
- Neurological examinations – primitive reflexes, postural reflexes, deep tendon reflexes, cranial nerve evaluation
PART 2 of this lecture – Regional Examination – is covered in Miserable Baby Part 5
Infant Dyschezia (difficult/painful defecation) & Constipation in Children
|Intro to infant Dyschezia, and true constipation|
|Signs of digestive tract disorders in early life|
|When to refer – pathological reasons for constipation and lower GI tract disorders|
|PRACTICAL SESSION 1|
|Functional anatomy of lower digestive tract, pelvis, hip, sacrum & related neurology|
|Observation & examination of abdomen, hips, pelvis, sacrum and lumbar spine|
|Ishemia at splenic flexture|
|PRACTICAL SESSION 2|
|Colic, definition & possible causes|
|PRACTICAL SESSION 3|
|Process of defecation & defecation reflexes|
|Functional constipation in older children, encopresis|
|Constipation and allergies, diet, probiotics & behavioural problems|
|Medical approaches to functional constipation|
|PRACTICAL SESSION 4|
|Please wear loose and comfortable clothing. Full notes will be supplied during the lecture.|
A 6.5 hour CPD certificate will be given at the end of the day.
[box]This in an Intermediate Level workshop. To get the most out of this course you should:[/box]
- Be able to take a Paediatric case history and understand your legal & professional requirements for treating infants.
- Understand the basic physiological processes of birth and how this may effect cranial & body mechanics.
- Have an understanding of the cranio-sacral approach (Sutherland, Upledger etc.) and indirect approaches to treatment.
- Please check with us if you are unsure mumandbabyCPD@gmail.com