Date: No scheduled courses at the moment
Venue: The London School of Osteopathy
12 Grange Road, London S.E.1
Times: 10am – 5.00pm (registration from 9.30am)
Ear, Nose & Throat Disorders in Children & Teenagers
Some children are plagued with recurrent ear, nose and throat problems during early life development of the immune system. Parents are often worried about possible consequent longer term effects (eg hearing and speech). They may also be uneasy regarding repeated antibiotic use, not to mention the time off school.
In this highly practical workshop, we make complex cranio-facial mechanics accessible and applicable as a treatment modality, as well as providing an excellent understanding of ENT problems in infants, children and teenagers.
Emphasis is on evaluation, palpation, treatment and exercise rather than in depth anatomy & physiology which participants can study at their leisure.
- Overview of growth and development of the face
- Considers the pathophysiology and related anatomy of ENT disorders such as otitis media, rhinitis & mouth breathing, sinusitis, recurrent tonsillitis
- Current medical management for the above conditions
- Practical technique sessions 1-4
- Management, breathing exercises and useful advice for parents
Please wear loose and comfortable clothing. Full notes will be supplied during the lecture.
This in an Intermediate Level workshop. To get the most out of this course you should:
- have completed some study of Pediatric case history taking and treatment at undergraduate level, and have some clinical experience of manual therapy on children if possible.
- Understand your legal and professional requirements for treating children.
- Understand the basic physiological processes of birth and how this may effect cranial and facial mechanics.
- Have a basic understanding of the cranio-sacral approach (Sutherland, Upledger etc.) and use of indirect techniques
Check with us if you are unsure mumandbabyCPD@gmail.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.