Paediatric Examination from 0-6 months
Running time: 1 Hour and 20 Minutes
This video is a ‘must see’ for Osteopaths, Cranio-Sacral Therapists, and other manual practitioners who take a ‘hands-on’ approach to treating early life disorders.
Through unique graphics, and demonstrations on our real live babies, we explore:
- Introduction to examination & evaluation of the infant’s neuro-musculo-skeletal system
- Cautions & contraindications
- Assessment of nutrition and hydration
- Observation of the skin & markings
- Observation and assessment of respiration
- Assessing level of alertness
- Development of the eye & eye movements
- Assessing muscle tone
- Assessing posture & spontaneous movements
- Neurological examinations – primitive reflexes, postural reflexes, deep tendon reflexes, cranial nerve evaluation
- Regional examinations – head, face & neck, shoulder girdle & upper extremity, development of hand function, thorax, abdomen, lumbar spine, pelvis, hip, knee & foot.